Cavalieri not keen on Brazil return
Liverpool reserve goalkeeper Diego Cavalieri would consider
a European switch to secure first team football but has
distanced himself from a potential move
Cavalieri, 27, has yet to make a Premier League appearance
in two years on Merseyside as he has played second fiddle to
Spain World Cup 2010 shot stopper Pepe Reina.
Despite only featuring sporadically in cup competitions,
Cavalieri has distanced himself from reports the Sao Paulo
side were ready to swoop for his signature.
Speaking to reporters while on holiday in his native Brazil,
Cavalieri was quick to state if he was to leave Anfield, he
would stay in his adopted continent.
He said: "Until now, no official proposal from the
Corinthians came to me. But my idea is not now to return to
"I am well adapted to European football and the only thing I
think about is changing time to have more opportunity."
Asked where he would go if he made the transfer back home,
he insisted he would only consider his former club: "If I
return to Brazil, I'll be back to Palmeiras."
Torres waiting on final call
Spain manager Vicente del Bosque does not know if he will
select Fernando Torres in his starting line-up for the World
The Liverpool striker was dropped for the semi-final victory
over Germany as Barcelona forward Pedro earned a place in
attack alongside David Villa.
Torres paid the price for failing to score in Spain's
earlier matches at this summer's World Cup amid concerns he
has not overcome a knee operation from earlier in the year.
Del Bosque has previously said that he has no concerns over
the 26-year-old's fitness, but is still not certain whether
he will feature in the first XI against Holland on Sunday.
"I don't know if he will be in the line-up," Del Bosque is
quoted as saying
in the Daily Express.
"It was a difficult choice. Torres has been helping us all
along. His work is important even if it is not noticed. He
is good at occupying the centre-backs.
"I didn't talk to him before I announced the line-up
(against Germany). But he is a very important part of the
team. He is one of the key members of the squad and a lovely
Kuyt keen to stay at Liverpool
Dirk Kuyt has given new Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson some
good news by reassuring him that he wants to remain at
Kuyt is yet to speak with Rafael Benitez's replacement and
will be otherwise engaged this weekend as he looks to win
the World Cup with Holland.
But once the excitement of life in South Africa has died
down, Kuyt will have a chat with Hodgson.
And one of his first tasks will be to re-assure his new boss
about his future plans.
"Of course I want to stay," said the 29-year-old.
"Liverpool is a great club with a great history.
"Unfortunately in my four years I haven't won anything but
hopefully in the future, I will still have that chance.
"We will have to see what happens but hopefully the manager
wants me to stay.
"I spoke to people at the club and I know he wants to speak
with me. But it is very difficult at the moment because we
are so busy and focus on what
Crouch linked with
Tottenham striker Peter Crouch is being linked with a return
The Independent says there have been suggestions that new
Reds boss Roy Hodgson could be interested in bringing Crouch
back to Anfield.
Hodgson assures Liverpool
players, fans new signings on way
Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson has assured fans he plans to add
to his squad in the coming weeks.
Hodgson is desperate to avoid any repeat of the dressing
room friction that forced Rafa Benitez to admit, midway
through last season, that his playersí body language wasnít
all it might have been.
"Itís vital all the players are fighting for the same cause
and itís my job to find the right combination of players to
bring success back to Liverpool," said Hodgson.
Liverpool to resist
all offers for Torres
The Liverpool hierarchy will tell Fernando Torres that they
have no intention of selling him this summer and that they
plan to resist the offers from Chelsea and Manchester City
for the Spanish striker.
Torres' future has been one of the key issues in the arrival
of Roy Hodgson at the club and the feeling is that to sell
him -- no matter what the price -- would undermine any hope
of success in the coming season.
Torres' future is balanced against that of Steven Gerrard,
whom the club would allow to leave if he asked to do so --
and providing Real Madrid made
a suitable offer.
The difference in attitudes towards the two players is
because Liverpool feel that they would owe Gerrard the right
to play elsewhere after 12 years of loyal service.
They do not feel the same debt towards Torres, who signed a
new five-year contract in May last year. It is accepted that
it may be practical to consider a sale of the Spanish
international next summer.
Ngog: Loan not out of question
Liverpool striker David Ngog claims that he is not aware of
reported interest from West Brom or Blackburn but he has not
ruled out a loan move.
The arrival of Roy Hodgson as the club's new manager has led
to speculation that the France Under-21 international may
not feature in the long-term plans of the former Fulham
But Ngog enjoyed his best season to date with the Reds in
2009/10 to represent a highlight in a terrible campaign for
the club, which ended in the departure of
The ex-Paris Saint-Germain forward featured in 37 matches in
all competitions and scored eight goals for a struggling
side and, amid the speculation regarding Roberto Di Matteo's
Baggies and Sam Allardyce's Rovers, his immediate focus is
"This season is a big season for me. I need to be
consistent, play more and score more," he said. "We have a
new manager, who is a great manager, so we have to impress
But Ngog has not ruled out a loan move to another club,
which could enhance his chances of first-team football
rather than competing for a place with Fernando Torres, if
the Spaniard stays at Liverpool.
The 21-year-old has been mentioned among the next generation
of France internationals under new boss Laurent Blanc
following their World Cup capitulation and so regular games
at club level will be essential.
With regards to a loan, Ngog said: "I am not aware of it
yet, but you never know."
Jovanovic pens three-year deal
Liverpool Football Club today confirmed the signing of
The 29-year-old forward was one of Serbia's star performers
at the World Cup, scoring the winner in a shock win over
Germany. He penned a three-year deal at Melwood today before
meeting some of his new teammates.
He said: "It is an honour for me to sign for one of the
biggest clubs in football.
"I cannot wait to start working with the manager and I'm
looking forward to joining up with my new teammates on our
Swiss training camp."
Jovanovic spent the previous four years at Standard Liege,
where he won Belgian Footballer of the Year in 2008 and the
Golden Shoe in 2009.
(LFC Official Website)
Barcelona end interest for Torres
Barcelona have dropped out of the running for Liverpool
striker Fernando Torres.
Sport says talk of Liverpool rating Torres at £70 million
has scared off the Liga champs, who are struggling to meet
Arsenal's demands of £40 million for
Hodgson reveals Gerrard talks
Roy Hodgson has revealed his delight at the content of his
talks with Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher - and the new
boss is confident of a similar outcome when he meets with
Fernando Torres after the World Cup.
Just hours after being confirmed as Liverpool manager last
Thursday, Hodgson met with Gerrard and Carragher - and later
Academy Ambassador Kenny Dalglish - in his new office at
And the tactician was left thrilled with the positive nature
of the conversations.
(LFC Official Website)
Mascherano eyes Rafa reunion
Javier Mascherano's agent has hinted the Liverpool
midfielder is keen to be reunited with Rafa Benitez at Inter
Former Reds boss Benitez has made Mascherano one of his top
transfer targets as he begins life in charge of the UEFA
Champions League holders.
Mascherano's future at Liverpool has been the subject of
speculation for some time with the player yet to sign a new
deal at Anfield.
The Argentina international's Italian representative, Marco
Piccioli, believes Mascherano's relationship with Benitez
could help persuade the player to swap the Premier League
for Serie A.
"I know Javier and Benitez have a great relationship.
Sometimes that's not enough but we will see," Piccioli said.
"A deal can only happen towards the latter part of the
transfer market, that's my vision at least."
Spanish Reds make The Final
Fernando Torres and Pepe Reina have the chance of adding
World Cup Winners medals to their European Championship
Winners medals from 2008 after Spain made the World Cup
Torres, who has had a difficult tournament for the Spanish,
was dropped to the bench for the Semi Final against Germany
however he can on for David Villa in the final minutes of
the 1-0 win.
(Vital Football - Liverpool)
Liverpool FC departures unlikely
without new signings first
There are unlikely to be any players heading out of Anfield
until replacements have been lined up.
A number of Liverpool players are being linked with possible
transfer window moves but manager Roy Hodgson is also keen
to see what he has at his disposal before sanctioning any
Fiorentina are reported to be ready to offer Liverpool in
excess of £3.5million for left-back Emiliano Insua while
newly promoted West Bromwich Albion are thought to be eyeing
a loan deal for striker David Ngog.
Including Milan Jovanovic, Liverpool had 13 players on World
Cup duty in South Africa Ė more than any other Premier
With the majority of those players not expected to return to
the club until after the pre-season training camp in
Switzerland, Hodgson has a threadbare squad to work with and
can ill afford to release anyone until he has brought new
players in to the club.
Cole set for Arsenal or Spurs
after rejecting Liverpool move
The race for Joe Coleís signature took another twist today
after Metro.co.uk claim the player will reject the advances
of Liverpool in favour of a move to either Arsenal or
Hodgson on phone to Torres
to discuss Liverpool future
Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson has been on the phone to Fernando
Torres about staying at Anfield.
The Guardian says Torres will hold talks with Liverpool
after the World Cup before making a decision over his future
as Chelsea prepare to step up their interest in signing the